Thursday, September 08, 2005

Morgan Family Travels - 6

Dear Friends and Family

What a week! I feel I've hardly stopped the entire week - which is true - but I think on balance its been good but hard. Hmm ...

Trevor left Sunday morning for Houston. I'm sure you'll all be glad to hear that business class is apparently comfortable enough to see what you're paying for - chairs that fully recline and proper leg room being the principle noteworthy factors. Since then he's been working hard in Houston, staying in a posh hotel and spending a week reading only American news, just to see what its like! ;-) It looks like he will be at least another week, possibly longer in Houston, but that he may also have the chance to help out at the AstroDome for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The girls and I have spent the week staying busy, so that's helped some. The church Trevor grew up going to (All Saints' New Haw) was hosting a Holiday Club this week, and we went along and joined in on Tuesday, Thursday and today (Friday). They had over 90 children there, which was amazing for what is a tiny church, and today we took them all to the Watercress Steam Train and the InTech Science Museum in Winchester. The very nice thing about a country that doesn't major on school buses is that we get to take nice coaches instead! Much better!

We also had Trevor's brother and sister-in-law staying here on a whirlwind trip this week, with another brother and sister-in-law popping up for an evening's visit on Monday night to see them and other friends stopping in during the rest of the evenings, so its been quite busy all week long. Wednesday we went out shopping and bought me a goretex jacket to deal with the English elements (the last time it rained I got so sweaty under my lousy Canadian jacket that I might as well have not bothered putting it on! Goretex 'breathes' so hopefully I will avoid this problem in future) We also got Kaitlyn new boots 'cos her feet have grown!! Yeah!

Hannah has come along all week to Holiday Club and really enjoyed being toddled after by bunches of gaggling girls. Kaitlyn has had her own set of followers, and has also made quite good friend's with a girl named Elizabeth, whose parents have been close friends of Trevor's family since he was little! Kaitlyn and Elizabeth will be starting Rainbows (the first level of GirlGuides over here) on Wednesday together at the school where Elizabeth's mummy and Kaitlyn's daddy started school, so that should be fun!

Thinking of you all - missing church, nights of bridge with friends and family, hanging out and going for ice creams, and all of the wonderful things we do with each one of you on this very long mailing list!

Do write!

No comments: