Dear Friends and Family
Another week, another set of interesting twists and turns. In the end Trevor didn't leave on Sunday or Monday for Houston. He waited around instead for most of the week to find out what was going on! :-( On Thursday morning he had an interview with the management of the company, and this morning he found out that he did indeed have the job ... slightly less pay, working until September 23rd (we think ... for now at least) and starting up in London on Wednesday of this coming week, but going to Houston ????? for about three weeks. We think. As I said last week, only as God decides.
My week has been hard, and I've been thankful that God allowed Trevor to be here for it. Monday was fun - we went back to Winchester (Helen, Kaitlyn, Hannah and I) and I took pictures and showed the girls and Helen all the cool things Trevor and I had enjoyed (I had left my memory card at home when we went last week, and had seen so many things I wanted pictures of that I just had to go back to take them!) Tuesday we did laundry. Wednesday was Jeremiah's birthday, hence an emotional wreck, but we survived in the end. We went to the Royal Horticultural Society's Wisley Gardens, which Kaitlyn really enjoyed (again, a 'Girl's Day Out') and I took lots more pictures. Kaitlyn's really into all the different names of animals and plants and stuff, and has an excellent memory for those sorts of things.
Thursday was my birthday, and it was wonderful - a long bike ride in the morning to a 'pick your own' fruit and veg farm and came away with the week's worth of vegetables - very fun. I spent some of the afternoon reading and then we had an early supper and went out to a pub for dessert and drinks. The pub we went to is right down by a canal, so we were about three feet from the water. Very pleasant, as long as the swan didn't get miffed!
We are looking at me and the girls going to a thing called 'Greenbelt' http://www.greenbelt.org.uk/ in Cheltenham the last weekend of August (a three-day weekend here, but the festival is Friday - Monday). Its a 'Christian-fringe-arts festival' and looks really interesting. The catch is I'd have to take the girls, on my own, to camp for a weekend, and take the train, and (as Helen has made sure I know!) it is likely to rain! But they had 1,200 kids there last year, and lots of 'kid/family-friendly' events and concessions, and so I think I'll take the risk. Everything else being equal.
We're still looking for why we are here. Please keep that aspect in your prayers especially. We miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment