Thursday, September 08, 2005

Morgan Family Travels - 5

Dear Friends and Family

Another Friday, another update. Are these helpful? Anyone want to be deleted from the list?

Updates are as follows:

Trevor's work: Trevor has a job - the contract has gone through. He started working in London on Wednesday and has put in two very long days and is back at work again now. I believe he is really enjoying the challenge. He leaves for Houston on Sunday. Its a ten hour flight, so that should give him lots of time to enjoy his business class. He does have a 'return date' but has been told to come back when he's done, so I really have no idea how long he'll be gone for. I think there is a lot of the project that needs done in London, so hopefully he won't have to be out there for as long as we'd originally thought - perhaps only a week? We'll have to see.

Kaitlyn: Kaitlyn has spent this week down visiting her cousins in Havant. We all went down to spend a day at the seaside on Tuesday and when we went to leave in the evening Kaitlyn was upset at having to go so soon. So she sweet-talked all the adults in question into letting her stay, and seems to have enjoyed herself quite marvellously. I believe she comes home in a couple of hours. It is the longest she's been away from her parents and sister ever, and it was entirely her choice, so I think she's feeling very comfortable here in England now, and is also definitely growing up. Oh, and her words 'I eat in England'!

Hannah: Hannah has spent this week with extra Mommy time and no sister time and very little Daddy time. She's done quite well with it, but she's not necessarily completely happy without Kaitlyn especially around to entertain her. This morning she was going around saying "Katy water play, Katy water play" so that pretty much sums it up. Trevor's parents have a cat that sometimes lives with them. It is currently in residence and Hannah is quite taken by it, but will only go to inspect it if held in an adult's arms. So there have been many, many minutes (hours?) spent holding her up so that she could see Tiggy. The other advance of the week was actually sitting through a story (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) and not only listening to the whole thing (which is new in itself) but also looking through it after and saying things like "apple, hungry" and "berries, hungry", which, as those words are actually in the book on the pages she was on, was pretty exciting!

Heather: Um. Last weekend was very, very frustrating. We still don't know why we're here or what it is we're meant to be doing. I think we had figured that those answers would come faster, but so far they haven't. So after spending the weekend banging my head against a door that obviously wasn't going to open, I spent the week deciding to just live each day as it comes and see where that takes us. In other words I don't have any better answers now than I did a week ago, but I'm better able to cope with that than I have been.

Looking Ahead: As Trevor really wanted to get to Greenbelt, we've modified our weekend plans. Trevor and I are going to leave very early tomorrow morning and drive up to Cheltenham where we will take in a very full day of Greenbelt before returning back here for the night. Trevor leaves the house around 9:45 on Sunday morning for Gatwick airport and his flight leaves at 1:30pm British time. Trevor's brother and sister-in-law will be coming for a visit from Monday afternoon to Friday morning which we look forward to, and Kaitlyn will be at holiday club for the week, and hopefully get to meet some other friends in the process. Please keep praying for wisdom for each day and peace to take the changes and challenges that living day by day requires.

No comments: