
Hello all!
Sorry its been so much harder for me to keep up with the blog this past month. We're travelling much less, but it turns out that everyday living is actually a lot busier than travelling lots - or at least, different in the time it leaves for things like this.
We've spent the last two weeks getting ready for the service we are leading on Sunday. We're really excited about it, and I think that we are now ready. Tracy, I've got lots of new worship stations for you!
Kaitlyn's been enjoying school - especially the social aspect! Her descriptions of school revolve around break time (recess), school dinners, P.E. class (gym), and friends. She's had a couple of play dates and has thoroughly enjoyed herself - she is quite the giggly five-year-old when she wants to be, but can still be terribly serious when it suits her.
Trevor's been working hard, but mostly from home, so we're at least seeing him in quick moments for lunch and dinner and the odd help with a ride. I definitely like having him around.
I've been loving my photography course - especially the kick-start it gives to getting me out and photographing things. I've also done some painting for the service we're doing. On Tuesday I'm meeting with a member from the fundraising team at the local disability centre to discuss doing some photography for them, which I am very excited about.
The highlight of the last couple of weeks is that Hannah turned two last Friday! She had a (gluten-free) spaghetti and bolognaise sauce topped off with a gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate cupcake. I'm afraid the rest of us just had ice cream - I still haven't perfected the art of cooking with gluten-free flours in such a way that anyone who didn't have to eat it would choose to. But thankfully Hannah enjoyed it thoroughly! ;-)
To complete the celebration we went out as a family on Saturday, complete with Grandma and Grandpa Morgan, to Bockett's farm, where the girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves! I think the pictures are the best way to illustrate that:
Trevor and Kaitlyn - King and Queen of this castle!
Watching the lambs being bottle-fed.
Playing in the tyre-swing.
Hannah on a 'cow'.
Hannah on a tractor!
Goat milking.
Baby piglets.
Kaitlyn on the pony.
Hannah on the pony. Both girls absolutely loved their pony ride!Watching Grandma feed the animals. No feeding of animals was desired by the girls, shall we say.
1 comment:
Hey Morgans - you guys look great!! we just got your Christmas card last week. Thank you very much and I am so glad all is well.
I am very happy to read that you are making the most of your time there and making friends.
This comment finds us all well. Zoe will be two soon and is growing like a weed. Jaydon started back to JK in January and he loves it! Elijah is getting along well. He is still with Erin Oak, we don't know results yet. Brian and i are wonderful and celebrating our 3rd anniversary on tuesday. As far as church goes, well we share your frustrations and go wherever we are lead, sometimes hoping (even with the frustration)that we can find a church home. But ya know what they say,,,home is where the heart is!!
so ta,ta for now. Be glad although you are far from home it isn't minus 40 and snowing where you are.
P.s. you have the MOST beautiful daughters!!!! you can email at jolenegreen260@hotmail.com
lots of love, Jo and Brian Green
Post a Comment