We've had a much better week health-wise this week, although unfortunately others in the family seem to have picked up on the germs. To keep life interesting, however, I have suffered the effect of six months without chiropractic care and sleeping in lots of different beds with lots of different pillows, and got a horrible crick in my neck. So needless to say I've made friends with a local chiropractor now and am in the process of working it out.
A few people have asked us whether 'plane tickets for May 2' is the same as 'coming home May 2'. As far as we know we are coming home May 2. I can't think of any reason right now that would keep us from returning then. However, the truth is that in my heart I still don't believe that its going to be that easy, as I don't feel I know what we will do when we come home. So the uncertainty is entirely mine on this one. (Kaitlyn and Trevor are just excited to think about coming home ... I'm the weird one on this).
Our big news this week was that we have been asked to put on an evening service at the local baptist church. They have just said goodbye to their pastor of 23 1/2 years and are wanting to spend some time thinking and praying about where to go as a congregation before they set off. So we will be leading a 'contemplative' service for them - encorporating elements such as a meal and worship stations and communion which we have enjoyed at the Journey - and if they enjoy it we will be doing these services once a month or every other week until we leave. The purpose is not to create a new service that will continue in perpetuity, but rather to serve them for a time, and bless them to go on their way to become a church that will serve the local community in the way that God would see fit. Either way, we are quite excited about it. We think this might be some of the answer to what we are to do - making connections with local churches and serving them as they seek to listen to God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment