Trevor and I have both spent time doing door-to-door evangelism. We've both stood on street corners and handed out tracks. I've counselled at Billy Graham crusades, and we've both done evangelism meetings with our local churches. And all of those experiences happened a long time ago, and leave us slightly embarrassed just thinking about them! :)
In spite of the fact that we can no longer happily pass out copies of the "Four Spiritual Laws" with any degree of honesty or integrity, we still believe very much that a relationship with God is something worth sharing - something that will truly act as a blessing to those around us.
In light of that fact, we've been asking ourselves "what would an authentic evangelism really look like?" Put another way, "how could we most honestly and lovingly introduce people to relationship with Christ?" Or again, "what is a conceivable explanation of the gospel that can be said with a straight face?"
All of these are just nascent questions at the moment. I think that our current position has become one of "show, don't tell" and perhaps, if pushed, to answer the questions people are asking. But I know we're still thinking about this one ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment