Sunday, December 30, 2007

Where did December Go???

Well, after almost a full month of not posting, the answer is simple - a house full of people taking it in turns to come down with nasty bugs and getting ready for Christmas!

We are now about to be invaded by the entire in-law clan for New Year's Eve, so this looks like about the last opportunity for some peace and quiet before 2007 comes to an end.

As such, here are some updates, and also some previews to things I'm hoping to come back in 2008:

  1. Our house has been delayed - probably by approximately 6 weeks. If you are reading this and live in Barrie or know anyone who does, we're going to need a place to stay for about six weeks. We do our best to be small and inconspicuous, but lets face it - two adults and two little girls who are homeschooled just isn't the same as a quiet female student who spends all her time at the university library or her boyfriend's house!
  2. If you don't live in Barrie or know someone who does but are reading this, please pray for God's provision.
  3. In spite of delays, the house has begun to emerge:
  4. Trevor gave me "The Irresistible Revolution" for Christmas, and I'm hoping to go through and post some comments in the next couple of weeks.
  5. The previous point, and indeed any other posting I hope to do in the next couple of months, is dependent on our computer being healed. We are having issues with the fan, and if it a) dies; or b) is not easily replaceable, we may be out of the communication loop for a while. I will do my best.
  6. 2008 looks like a very exciting time for us. After years of struggling with where we're meant to be, we are feeling very excited about moving to Barrie. Are we "called" to Barrie? I don't know about that - I think we're called to go into all the world and make disciples. Barrie just happens to be one place in the world. But I am tentatively hoping and even beginning to risk the terror of praying that God would work through our home and our lives in this new place. If I get the guts, I will try to share some of what is beginning to emerge in terms of a plan (on the strictest of understandings that as with any plan it is only the place to begin from - I refuse to be held to it!)
Blessings to you all as 2007 draws to a close, and may 2008 bring righteousness, joy and peace. (See Romans 14:17-18)
17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.

No comments: